Easy Masks are designed to be comfortable, stylish and reusable. To get the longest wear out of your Easy Mask, we recommend following a few simple care instructions. We include instructions on how to clean your face mask with every mask that is purchased. Following these steps should allow you to enjoy your Easy Mask, while keeping it clean and safe for quite some time.
How to Wash Your Cloth Face Masks and Face Coverings
Steps For Cleaning Your Reusable Face Mask
- Always wash face masks before wearing them.
- You can clean reusable face masks in a washing machine, or hand wash. We recommend using a mesh bag to machine wash your masks, especially if you choose to leave your nose bridge inserted.
- If you choose to hand wash your mask, be sure to let it soak for at least twenty minutes in warm, soapy water, then rinse it and let it air dry.
- We recommend air drying because while Easy Masks arrive to you largely pre-shrunk, they can shrink in the dryer.
- Each of our reusable face masks are made using polyester, nylon, recycled polyester, recycled nylon, and Spandex.
- If you are using a nose bridge, we recommend removing the nose bridge before machine washing, or machine washing in a mesh bag.
- Remove non-woven inserts before washing your face mask.
How Often Should You Wash Your Face Mask?
The Center For Disease Control (CDC) recommends washing cloth face coverings after each use. Your Easy Mask can stand up to several washes when washed correctly, so don’t be afraid to wash your mask regularly. Keeping your face mask clean is part of protecting yourself and others from the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We designed our masks with frequent use and washing in mind.
Care of a Regular Cloth Mask vs. An Easy Mask
Cloth face masks that are made of cotton are a great way to protect yourself and others during the coronavirus pandemic. The problem with cotton masks is that cotton easily absorbs moisture. When a mask is covering your nose and mouth, the evaporation from your breath quickly dampens the fabric.
We designed Easy Masks out of a blend of recycled polyester, nylon, and spandex so that the masks would comfortably fit snugly over your mouth and nose, while not absorbing moisture the way a traditional cloth face covering does.
You can care for your Easy Mask in the same way you would care for a traditional cotton cloth mask. Just be sure to follow the care instructions we have provided above or review the care card that comes with your mask if you need further help.